Certified Medical Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant assists the physician with the clinic patients; assists in the preparation of patients for exams and prepares examination room with professional standards of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES SET FORTH BY THE SOUTH DAKOTA CODIFIED LAW (SDCL 36-9B AND 36-9B-2)
1. Performing clinical procedures to include:
a. Performing aseptic procedures;
b. Taking vital signs,
c. Preparing patients for examiniation;
d. Phlebotomous blood withdrawal and non-intravenous injections; and
e. Observing and reporting patients signs or symptoms;
2. Administering basic first aid;
3. Assisting with patient examinations or treatments;
4. Operating office medical equipment;
5. Collecting routine laboratory specimens;
6. Administering medications by unit dosage;
7. Performing basic laboratory procedures;and
8. Performing office procedures including all general administrative duties.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: This position must be registered with the SD Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners. Certification by a national organization does not mean that the Certified Medical Assistant can perform duties outside their scope of practice as noted in the above.
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Day Hourly Wage: $12.43 - $17.22 per/hour Contact Information
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2329
Fall River Health Services is a non-profit corporation of professional team members committed to excellent, quality and patient focused healthcare for the whole person. We provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the individual, family, and significant others. We are committed to our patients, employees and our public.