CNA-Hospital - Hospital
Full-time, part-time and PRN positions available.
The CNA is responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living, providing basic nursing care to patients and assisting in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse in a manner that is in keeping with the philosophies of the facility and the nursing department.
The CNA report to the Charge Nurse and Director of Nursing
1. The CNA performs patient care activities including answering call lights, serving and collecting food trays, feeding patients as needed, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and all output to include drainage systems as ordered. Performs activities of daily living, i.e., dresses and undresses patient, bathes and performs personal cares to include oral hygiene, pericare, foley care, backrubs and shaving in a manner consistent with maintaining patient privacy and dignity.
2. The CNA performs routine treatments/procedures including warm and cold applications, and assists RN/LPN with complicated treatment procedures. Collects specimens, i.e., stool, urine or sputum. Takes and records vital signs, weights and height.
3. This position provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bed pan and urinal commode, and ambulating patients.
4. The CNA assists in preparations of units, patient rooms, and beds for receiving patient admissions, transfers, emergencies and discharges. Assures patient rooms and work areas are clean and safe.
5. The CNA cares for patients in the ER under the supervision of the RN, and reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients to RN/LPN.
6. This position maintains established facility and department policies, procedures and objectives, fire, safety, environmental, quality assurance, hazardous material, and infection control policies. Knows personal role in fire drills.
7. The CNA attends required meetings, inservices, and educational programs; keeps up to date on posted information, notes and minutes. Serves on nursing service committees as requested.
Knowledge and Experience: Position must be certified through the South Dakota Board of Nursing. The position of CNA requires the ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions; knowledgeable in location of equipment and supplies for unit is required. The incumbent must have the visual and auditoria ability to observe current physical and mental statuses of patients and to detect any changes in this status; must have ability to verbally communicate with patients, members of the health care team, visitors and family; must be able to perform medium to heavy lifting, pushing, turning of patients, equipment and supplies; frequent reaching, bending, walking and standing.
Full-time/Part-time/PRN shifts available. Shifts may vary day/night
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Contact Information
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2329
Fall River Health Services is a non-profit corporation of professional team members committed to excellent, quality and patient focused healthcare for the whole person. We provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the individual, family, and significant others. We are committed to our patients, employees and our public.