Long Term Care CNA
The Certified Nursing Assistant performs supervised tasks related to delivery of health and personal cares and activities for the residents that reside at Seven Sisters Living Center: to promote optimal health, comfort and maintain functional ability while contributing to the overall rehabilitative goals and objectives as outlined in the resident plan of care.
• Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical Skills:
• Other qualifications/certificate/license: Must have current South Dakota Certification, or obtain certification within 4 months of employment.
1. Exhibits behaviors that are consistent with the mission, philosophy, values of and the culture and objectives of Seven Sisters Living Center. All employees are expected to work as needed in providing health and wellness services in the community.
2. Assess resident's daily care needs and provides for or assists the resident with supervised personal/rehabilitative cares as outlined in their individualized care plans. This includes but is not limited to bathing, dressing, undressing, shaving, oral hygiene, toileting needs, making beds, positioning, assisting with transfers and ambulation of residents. C.N.A. shall answer call lights, assist with feeding and meal preparation will be accountable for care and proper use of mechanical equipment. C.N.A. will complete documentation accurately and in a timely manner. The resident assistant conducts his/her assessments and delivery of cares considering the resident's individual choices, privacy, dignity, independence and rehabilitation potential. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the assistant contributes valuable assessment input to the resident's care planning process.
3. Performs or assists the resident in performing specific nursing/rehabilitative care activities, according to established policies and procedures, contributing to the resident's total care plan. This includes, but is not limited to performing rehab/restorative exercises, communicating necessary information, collecting specimens, obtaining and recording vital signs, health status and or level of functioning to the nurse.
4. The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible to attend mandatory staff meetings, training classes/inservices and to complete the required inservice training in order to keep current with events at Seven Sisters Living Center in healthcare and the lives of the residents they serve, to include, but is not limited to, NA staff training, (as required), orientation (annual), TB Certification (upon employment), and Inservices.
5. Performs safety and infection control procedures to ensure a safe and clean environment for the residents and staff. This includes understanding and following the Community Health & Development procedures relating to use of restraints, missing persons, severe weather, disaster, MSDS sheets, universal precautions, cleaning procedures, linen handling, use of mechanical lifts and transfer aides.
6. Interacts in a professional manner with residents, family members, co-workers, physicians, consultants, volunteers and visitors. C.N.A. will demonstrate warm, caring feelings about the residents, their families/legal guardians and visitors. Ensures appropriate and effective assistance is provided to residents and families. Follows all duties and responsibilities according to governing established by regulatory agencies, Seven Sisters Living Center, and individual Long Term Care Facility nursing service departments, to include, but not limited to, reporting to work on time, as scheduled, and to appropriate personnel, taking breaks at scheduled times and length, be able to work scheduled weekends and holidays, productive use of time, while on duty, and finding own replacement if unable to work scheduled shift.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent information to assure resident's rights are protected. Is familiar with and participates in the individual facility's quality assurance process as requested, Follows all duties and responsibilities according to governing policies established by regulatory agencies and the nursing service department, to include, but not limited to, responsible to maintain resident's privacy, dignity, and independence, proper and consistent use of curtains, doors and shades to provide privacy, confidentiality of residents diagnosis or treatments, information about a resident is only discussed with staff that work directly with the resident or on the resident's multidisciplinary team, performs extra tasks or duties as assigned or requested by a the charge nurse.
8. Respects resident rights encouraging resident participation in programs and activities and communicates information to ensure appropriate and effective assistance is provided to residents and families.
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Night Contact Information
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2329
Fall River Health Services is a non-profit corporation of professional team members committed to excellent, quality and patient focused healthcare for the whole person. We provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the individual, family, and significant others. We are committed to our patients, employees and our public.