As a member of the multidisciplinary care team at Seven Sisters Living Center, the LPN provides general nursing care to residents. The LPN contributes to overall resident care which is guided by the resident care plan, facility policies and procedures, and professional standards of practice. The LPN directly supervises the Nursing
The LPN coordinates the care of assigned residents, consulting with the Director of Nursing/Charge Nurse as necessary. This position assists in the interpretation and implementation of facility policies for staff. The overall resident care activities of the position are clearly defined in department policies, procedures and standards of the profession. The incumbent provides care within the boundaries of physician orders, department procedures and policies, and LPN scope of practice.
• Education/Experience: Education commensurate with requirements of licensure. Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
1. Exhibits behaviors that are consistent with the mission, philosophy, values and the culture and objectives of Seven Sisters Living Center. All employees are expected to work as needed in providing health and wellness services in the community.
2. Contributes to the nursing assessment, participates in the development of the nursing diagnosis, care planning, and implementation of nursing interventions. Contributes to the evaluation of responses to nursing interventions.
3. Makes provisions for outside physician visits to ensure resident's medical needs are met. Demonstrates effective communication with physician and family members to ensure resident needs are met. Performs teaching to residents, families and staff to ensure understanding of the residents' plan of care. Understands, promotes and implements the choices philosophy and resident rights.
4. Prepares, administers and charts routine and emergency medication and treatment as ordered. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their side effects.
5 Clinical record reflects accurate and timely documentation to ensure continuity and quality of resident care.
6. Performs safety and infection control procedures to ensure a safe and clean environment for residents and staff. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, participates in Quality Management program to ensure appropriate standards of care are met within the facility.
7. Functions as the primary contact person on assigned shift. Effectively supervises resident assistants to ensure compliance with plan of care.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon Seven Sisters Living Center needs or requirements.
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Contact Information
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2329
Fall River Health Services is a non-profit corporation of professional team members committed to excellent, quality and patient focused healthcare for the whole person. We provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the individual, family, and significant others. We are committed to our patients, employees and our public.