Clinic RN or LPN - Clinic
The Clinic Nurse assists the physician with the clinic patients; assists in the preparation of patients for exams and prepares examination room with professional standards of practice.
1. The Clinic Nurse assists the physician and mid-level with patients including preparing patients; taking the initial history for the chart, taking vitals signs, making lab and x-ray appointments; and explaining the preparations to the patient. In addition the Clinic Nurse may assist the physician/mid-level in special procedures including minor surgery as required, removing sutures, cleaning wounds and applying dressings as directed by the physician.
2. Clinic Nurse carries out physician/mid-level orders; handles phone calls as directed by the physician/mid-level and notifies patients of lab results; gives allergy shots, immunizations and medications prescribed by physician/mid-level; performs EKGs, ear irrigations, spirometry, peak flows, nebulizer treatments and assist with phlebotomy if needed.
3. This position is responsible for proper handing and storage of all medications stored in the clinic, and keeps the examination and treatment rooms clean, and properly stocked with supplies.
4. Clinic Nurse is responsible for some patient education, completes physical forms; makes referral arrangements, and assists in maintaining patient charts.
5. Clinic Nurse performs duties courteously and cooperatively while maintaining patient confidentiality; and may substitute for other office personnel and perform other duties as requested.
Latitude: Clinic Nurse solves most of the patient related problems using independent judgment regarding priority of work, but unhesitatingly relies on peers, physicians and management support. The Clinic Nurse must be able to adapt to rapid change and intervene promptly in a crisis situation.
Contacts: in addition to contact with patients, physicians, mid-level practitioners, nursing staff and other in-clinic personnel, the Clinic Nurse has frequent contact with other departments such as lab, x-ray, central supply and the business office. Externally the Clinic Nurse has frequent contact with other doctorsâ�� offices, other health care facilities and patientâ��s families.
Requirements and Experience: The Clinic LPN/RN must possess a degree from an accredited nursing school with current registration as an LPN/RN in the State of South Dakota and a current BLS certification. One year previous experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Closing Date: 12/31/2019
Human Resources - Human Resources Manager
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2328