Clinic RN - Rural Health Clinic
NEW GRADS WELCOME.
The Clinic Nurse assists the physician with the clinic patients; assists in the preparation of patients for exams and prepares examination room with professional standards of practice.
1. The Clinic Nurse assists the physician and mid-level with patients including preparing patients; taking the initial history for the chart, taking vitals signs, making lab and x-ray appointments; and explaining the preparations to the patient. In addition the Clinic Nurse may assist the physician/mid-level in special procedures including minor surgery as required, removing sutures, cleaning wounds and applying dressings as directed by the physician.
2. Clinic Nurse carries out physician/mid-level orders; handles phone calls as directed by the physician/mid-level and notifies patients of lab results; gives allergy shots, immunizations and medications prescribed by physician/mid-level; performs EKGs, ear irrigations, spirometry, peak flows, nebulizer treatments and assist with phlebotomy if needed.
3. This position is responsible for proper handing and storage of all medications stored in the clinic, and keeps the examination and treatment rooms clean, and properly stocked with supplies.
4. Clinic Nurse is responsible for some patient education, completes physical forms; makes referral arrangements, and assists in maintaining patient charts.
5. Clinic Nurse performs duties courteously and cooperatively while maintaining patient confidentiality; and may substitute for other office personnel and perform other duties as requested.
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Other Contact Information
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2329
Fall River Health Services is a non-profit corporation of professional team members committed to excellent, quality and patient focused healthcare for the whole person. We provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the individual, family, and significant others. We are committed to our patients, employees and our public.