Administrative Assistant - Administration
The Administrative Assistant performs secretarial functions of a responsible, non-standardized and confidential nature to assist the C.E.O. in carrying out his/her duties. This position manages the flow of activity within the administration suite and confidentially carries out administrative functions in an organized and efficient manner. The various responsibilities are outlined below.
Education/Experience: The position of Administrative Assistant requires training or experience in secretarial or business related field. A medical background is beneficial. This position must have a good working knowledge of medical and legal terminology; be able to operate general office machines and equipment and be adaptable to various computer programs. The incumbent must be able to take, read and transcribe correspondence; be able to establish and maintain filing systems; be able to type accurately, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. This position must have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time. The Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently toward daily goals with little supervision.
1. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for typing and transcribing for the CEO or as assigned by the CEO, exercising editorial judgment. In addition this position is responsible for ensuring that both verbal and written communications within the administrative office are kept flowing smoothly, rapidly and efficiently. This position takes notes at assigned meetings, transcribes and distributes. This position completes miscellaneous typing and transcribing for other departments as work load permits.
2. During the CEO's absence, this position takes action as necessary using initiative and judgment in seeing that matters requiring attention are referred to delegated authority or handled in a manner which minimizes the effect of the CEO's absence. The Administrative Assistant relieves the CEO of various administrative details which may include schedules and appointments, and maintains the CEO's calendar as well as maintaining the filing and record system; up-to-date procedural manuals for all departments; makes arrangement for and coordinates conferences and meetings. The Administrative Assistant arranges business itineraries and coordinates the CEO and facility travel arrangements when appropriate.
3. This position is responsible for administrative communications. The Administrative Assistant answers and professionally screens incoming calls, places outgoing calls as requested, and takes and relays messages as appropriate. This position receives and sends fax/e-mail documents as needed; opens, screens and routes incoming correspondence to appropriate parties. The Administrative Assistance receives and assists visitors to the office. This position distributes monthly reports, agendas and minutes to Board members, maintains up-to-date Board records and is responsible for arranging details for Board meetings and special events.
4. This position is responsible for administrative files. This position also maintains files on outgoing correspondence, monthly department meetings, committee meeting minutes, administrative departmental files, facility contracts and miscellaneous files as required to be efficient. This position maintains a clean, organized work space in the mailroom area, distributing faxes as they are generated and keeping supplies in this area updated.
5. This position is responsible for credentialing new providers as well as re-credentialing the established providers and maintaining records with that information. Verifying the professional licensing, training and certifications of professional medical staff to ensure healthcare professionals comply with all established regulations and guidelines is a priority within the position.
6. This position is responsible for accounts payable. Receiving vendor notices, inputting costs within appropriate accounts, verifying invoice accuracy and maintaining an organized filing system.
Latitude: The Administrative Assistant uses independent judgment when communicating the CEO's instructions or desires to various individuals and/or departments and when drafting correspondence and dealing with confidential and sensitive information. In addition, the incumbent must demonstrate appropriate behavior when dealing with members of the Board of Directors, Medical Staff or general staff as well as the general public or outside representatives. This position is given general direction and functions with independent judgment within these guidelines. The Administrative Assistant determines work priorities and accomplishes tasks through his/her own devices. This position is expected to accomplish all tasks with minimum supervision or instruction. In the performance of non-standardized functions, the position requires a substantial degree of knowledge and decision-making skills.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Closing Date: 03/15/2019
Phone: 605-745-3159 ext 2329