Full-time, part-time and PRN positions available
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and serves as a direct channel of communications between the patient and the assigned Registered Nurse.
1. The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse including rendering personal hygiene care and participating in the formulation and updating of the patient's care plan.
2. The LPN administers medications and treatments, including respiratory therapy modalities and records them Infection control policies and practices are applied and enforced.
3. The LPN appropriately organizes time, effort and energy in rendering care; exercising judgment in establishing priorities.
4. The LPN reports incidents and changes in patient's condition to the Registered Nurse. Appropriate action is taken in stressful, unusual and emergency situations.
5. This position establishes good intra-personal relationships and appropriate interactions. Understanding, patience and tact are demonstrated. Constructive criticism is accepted and applied.
6. The Licensed Practical Nurse Provides patient instruction during hospitalization and upon discharge.
7. The LPN assists with orientation and continued learning of new staff members and students. Professional and clinical competence is maintained through active participation in various continuing education programs. New knowledge and skill are applied and shared.
• Education/Experience: Graduate of approved Licensed Practical Nurse Program with current licensure. CPR and ACLS certifications are required.
• Visual, auditory and manual dexterity abilities to assess patient conditions in order to administer effective care using standard nurse practices.
• PC Competencies: Basic computer skills and ability to learn various computer programs utilized by the facility.
• Behavior Competencies:
Support Fall River Health Services vision and mission
Maintain confidentiality of all work information
Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment
Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers
Display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations
Participate in identifying and suggesting solutions.
1. Provides safe, effective nursing care as ordered by the provider, utilizing the nursing process and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedure, standards and in accordance with the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
2. Accurately observe, reports and records observations of patient's condition.
3. Administers medications and treatments as ordered.
4. Maintains good interpersonal relationships and assures confidentiality to preserve the integrity of the nursing staff.
5. Follows safety and infection control policy and procedure to ensure a safe and clean environment.
Closing Date: 09/30/2019